Monday, March 15, 2010

the 2010 Census

It is that time once again, but unlike Christmas and your birthday, the Census only comes around every 10 years.  Our Constitution requires “The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.”  As you can see, Article I, Section 2 is quite specific:  “the actual enumeration”.  That is a count.

With that knowledge, I have done my duty and answered question 1.  I even answered question 2 so as to be specific.  I then attached a copy of Article 1, Section 2 and the following statement:

“By providing the above enumeration I have fulfilled my duty as a citizen of the United States of America under Article I, Section 2 of our Constitution.

The other information requested is superfluous to the task.”

I urge you all to do your duty as a citizen and reply to questions 1 and 2 of the Census.  I also urge you to give the government no other information as it is unnecessary and beyond the mandate of our Constitution.

No comments: