Friday, August 7, 2009

Letter to the White House

To Whom It May Concern:

I, [your name], am fervently against Health Care Reform as currently proposed by both President Obama and the Leadership in the Congress of these United States.

While many of the Legislators in Congress profess to finding it too difficult or onerous to read legislation before voting on it, I have read the bill known as "America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009" and find it objectionable to say the least.

With that in mind, I want to declare that I have expressed my position both privately and publicly. I shall continue to express my position at every opportunity - public and private - in person, on the telephone, in letters and emails, on my blog and in any other way I damn well please. This is my right as a citizen of the United States of America.

At every opportunity I shall quote from "America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009" and any other unscrupulous Legislation in an effort to show it for what it truly is - garbage. I shall always endeavor to use facts in my prosecution both of this battle and the overall war against the socialization of these United States. This is my duty to the Constitution of the United States of America.

I shall work against any elected representative who supports or votes for this or any other similarly offensive Legislation – Health Care related or not. I shall do this in the interest of my community, my state, and the nation at large. This is my responsibility as a citizen of the United States of America

Finally, I remind you that, as an elected representative, you are there to serve The People, not the other way around. You work for us. Don't ever forget that.

[your name]
[city, state]

2 comments:

brityank said...

Good for you, I fully agree. I have told my Congressman and both Senators that as far as I am concerned they are fired! I also told them:

"Please tell me if something I said offends you.
I may want to offend you again!"


Based on the boilerplate I got back, none of them can read, either.

Bruce O'Hara said...

Excellent letter !!! This letter throws down the gauntlet to the Statists. It represents the sentiments of every Patriotic American. THEY CAN NOT DENY US OUR RIGHTS, WE WILL NOT STAND FOR IT.